PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
- Lumonyx Polymer Panels.
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
- Section 08630 - Metal-Framed Skylights.
- Section 07900 - Joint Sealers.
- Section 08800 - Glazing
- ASTM Z 97.1 - American National Standard for Glazing Materials Used in Buildings -- Safety Performance Specifications and Methods of Test.
- ASTM D 256 - Standard Test Method for Determining the Pendulum Impact Resistance of Notched Specimens of Plastics.
- ASTM D 638 - Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics.
- ASTM D 790 - Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials.
- ASTM D 792 - Standard Test Methods for Density and Specific Gravity (Relative Density) of Plastics by Displacement.
- ASTM D 1929 - Standard Test Method for Ignition Properties of Plastics.
- ASTM F 1233 - Standard Test Method for Security Glazing Materials and Systems.
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
B. Product Data: Manufacturer's data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Physical properties including data on material weight, light transmission and thermal expansion.
Preparation instructions and recommendations
2. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
3. Installation methods and procedures, including edge engagement guidelines.
C. Verification Samples: Submit samples for each finish product specified, two samples, minimum size 2 inches by 3inches, representing actual product.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Deliver Lumonyx Polymer sheets on enclosed pallets.
B. Store products in manufacturer's unopened packaging until ready for installation.
C. Store in dry, well-ventilated and covered areas at temperatures below 90 degrees F.
D. Handle sheets carefully to prevent damage; do not drop, slide, or drag.
1.6 PROJECT CONDITIONS
A. Maintain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and ventilation) within limits recommended by manufacturer for optimum results. Do not install products under environmental conditions outside manufacturer's absolute limits.
A. Provide Lumonyx Polymer sheets’ manufacturer's written warranty covering breakage.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Provide products manufactured by Lumonyx, Inc.
4400 Oneal Street, Greenville, TX 75401
Tel (903) 259-6480 Fax (903) 454-3642